Saturday, November 19, 2005

What I have been talking about

Anybody read the news lately? Seems like we have declared defeat in Iraq over the last few days. Good thing we get to hear about it from CNN.
I guess that most of you have noticed my, shall we say, lack of awe towards our elected law makers. If the best advice they can offer the executive branch on fighting a war is "YOU LIED TO US!!!!", I feel that we have learned nothing in the last 40 years.
I will have spent 22 months in Iraq at the end of this, my third tour. The months that I have not spent in Iraq since the opening of the war have been used for training to come to Iraq. I have been involved in this thing since the summer of 2002. I've spent 45 days in the US since January 2004. I've paid my dues and have a clue about what I am speaking. The war is not being lost in Iraq. It's being lost in DC. I used to wonder what it would be like to be sold out like the vets from Vietnam were. Now the protesters from the 60's are our law makers. And we have only ourselves to blame for putting them there.

37 days and a wake up. About a year after that until my contract ends. God, please don't let me be killed by someone else's stupidity or indifference.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home