Saturday, November 19, 2005

My view of Roe v Wade

Seems like a lot of my thoughts are being written about by other people these days. That or I am just stealing their ideas. I don't know at this point. Just a little update about me: I'm sick right now due to something I ate. Typical Iraq deployment for me. Eat something, get sick for a few days, lose a few pounds. I detest this country.
Also saw the comments made by Congressman Murtha. Interesting times ahead for us over here.
Okay, here we go with Roe and that guy Wade. How many of you who are reading this think that abortion would cease to happen if Roe v Wade was overturned? How many think that Roe is the only thing that ensures that women can have an abortion? Let me put your fears to rest. The second that Roe is overturned nothing will happened. Why is that? Because most states had legislation on the books concerning abortion prior to 1973. How many of you think that it was illegal to have an abortion in the US prior to 1973? If you said yes, you need to find your history teachers and thank them for selectively teaching you their personal agenda. And then you need to blame yourself for remaining willfully ignorant or facts.
The FACT is that abortion was not illegal in the US prior to Roe. Read the history of the case. Some state legislatures, in an act of federalism, chose to make abortion in their states illegal. Some states legislatures, in an act of federalism, chose to make abortion in their states legal. For those of you having a hard time with this concept, you should refer to the word DIVERSITY. It is the alter at which we pray to the god of liberalism today, so you should know it.
I digress. So if nothing is going to happen if Roe gets overturned, why do we need to overturn it? Ah, good question. Maybe I was a little hasty when I said that nothing would happen concerning abortion if Roe is overturned. Some day, some state legislature may decide to break faith with DIVERSITY and decide to become a diverse state. They may choose to place severe restrictions on abortion, or GASP, outlaw it. That is the reason that we need to reverse Roe. It is to return the power of making law to the people, not to keep it with the government.
One of the outcomes of the reversal of Roe would also be the reversal of several other rulings. Does the government have the authority to take away your property and give it to another private party? Yes. Does the government have the ability to overturn laws that were made by your state representative. Yes. You thought this was about abortion? Wrong. I am pro-life. I think abortion, especially partial birth abortion, is hideous. Yes, I am a Christian. I object to abortion because it hurts the weak and innocent that we are made to protect and nuture. But if we think we are going to get rid of abortion, then we are mistaken. The founding fathers knew that issues were going to come up that they had no answer to. They wanted to make sure that states would be able to have the leeway to take care of those problems. They also knew that not everyone would agree on a certain law, so they made sure that each state could make it's own law. People would vote with their feet, and states would compete for population. We need to return the issue to the states and then I can decide which state I want to live in. And the first step in doing so is to repeal Roe v Wade.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home