Tuesday, November 08, 2005

The Future

Greeting Everyone,
Welcome to KneelingDrunkardsPlea, where grammar and sentence structure won't get butchered too badly, I hope. I'll get into my background throughout the upcoming postings. Besides, I want this to be about ideas and thinking, not about me. Of course my thinking is going to be directly influenced by my experiences in life, but again, you'll learn more about that as this blog progresses.
The main mission of bigcountry is to provide a paper trail for me and to serve as an online journal so that I can refernce my thoughts in later years. Why do I need a paper trail? Good question. I want to take back the country that has been stolen by bad laws, power-hungry and complacent politicians, and self-loathing.
For a long time I have read the news that comes from Washington and sat in wonder. Who are these people? What are they thinking? Then, after a few moments of reflection, I would convince myself that these were highly intelligent and capable people who were making informed and difficult decisions in order to lead the nation. Who am I to question these people? They are obviously smarter and better leaders than I am. I can't possibly do a better job than they. I am no longer that naive.
So I decided to take a lesson from my personal hero. When Ronald Reagan was with General Electric Theater, he made trips all over the United States. There he met with normal Americans and formed ideas that he made in speeches to General Electric workers. When he decided to run for governor of California, he had a paper trail that people remembered and looked back on. There was no stealth to his candidacy. Everyone knew exactly where he stood on almost every issue (the President was prolific, to be sure). I don't claim to be anywhere near the giant of President Reagan, but only fools don't follow the advice and example of successful people.
I intend to run for office in my home state of Texas. This will be my GE Theater. If you like this blog, please tell people you know about it. I want to get my ideas out. Some of you will agree. Some of you won't. But at least you will know where I stand. I hope to be prolific here. I will labor to keep soaring hyperbole and stale rhetoric out of my arguments. There will be no name calling or slanderous accusations. I will present you my arguments with as much fact and logic as I can (I'm deployed to Iraq at this time), so bear with me and correct me when I am wrong. I do not look for truth, I look for fact. Thank you for your time and I hope to see you back here soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home